Cheating can happen lit-er-al-ly anywhere. It’s not singular to Florida (although the “Florida Man” is totally a thing) nor is it removed from quieter states like Pennsylvania or Arizona. And for what it’s worth, cheating comes in many forms and may look different for one person than it would for another.
It can happen in marriages (like, ahem, when a husband refuses to go down on his wife), it can happen emotionally (aka micro-cheating), and it can also happen just because of sudden circumstances…that have little to do with that person’s current relationship.
With summer finally here, people are ditchin’ their cuffs and prepping for single szn. Unfortunately, that means cheating may be floating in the air. Based on new data from Ashley Madison, the online dating service for people already in committed relationships, you may want to avoid these certain cities if you’re interested in finding something more serious than a summer fling, because there are a lot of sketchy hookups going down.
Presenting: the most unfaithful cities in the United States
1. Orlando, Florida. Gives a whole new meaning to “The Most Magical Place on Earth,” huh?
2. Newark, New Jersey. “Sam, the first night at BED when you left, Ron made out with two girls and put his head between a cocktail waitress’s breasts.”
3. St. Louis, Missouri. Dating in Missouri is mis-er-y (I can say this because I am basically from there).
4. Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. Known as Steel City—aka Mr. Steel Your Girl.
5. Fremont, California. Is this supposed to mean L.A.?
6. Atlanta, Georgia. Call it the “Dirty South” for a reason.
7. Cincinnati, Ohio. You mean people in the midwest actually, like, cheat?
8. Las Vegas, Nevada. Not going to feed you that cliché line. You already know.
9. Tampa, Florida. Looks like the Olds in retirement are cheatin’ too.
10. Gilbert, Arizona. Probs won’t be visiting this random city in Arizona anyway.
11. Hialeah, Florida. Where is Hialeah and how close is it to Miami?
12. Cleveland, Ohio. I’m seeing a trend here with Ohio.
13. Garland, Texas. Everything’s bigger in Texas—including egos and cheating rates.
14. St. Petersburg, Florida. Who is Pete, and why is it so damn hard for him to be monogamous?
15. Plano, Texas. Nothing plain-o here, folks.
16. Seattle, Washington. My ex lives here, and that tracks.
17. Boston, Massachusetts. They love “pahhhking” the “cahhh” in other people’s driveways, if you know what I mean.
18. Sacramento, California. Are y’all obsessed with cheating in California?
19. Anaheim, California. Why do both Orlando and Anaheim have to ruin Disney for us?
20. Arlington, Texas. RIP, any and all healthy relationships.
Yikes, right? So if you are like me and have a passion for traveling across the country to go on really good dates (and maybe find potential baes), you should probably just check out any of the 37 other states. May I suggest South Carolina?